|Players with 99||N/A|
Magic is a skill used to cast spells. The higher the player's magic level, the more spells that can be cast. In order to preform magic, your player needs runes. Magic has mutiple uses; combat, teleportation, enchanting, and alchemy. Magic is strong against melee, but weak against ranged.Magic Level Up Sound.
- The Normal Spellbook consists of a combination of spells used to attack, change enemy stats, and teleport.
- The Ancient Magicks Spellbook focuses on fighting opponents, but also contains teleportation spells.
This is the book the majority of all spells are cast from requiring various runes and no previous quest to use.
Ancient Magicks (also known as Ancients) are a branch of magic unlocked upon completion of the quest Desert Treasure. It is the spellbook used and later forgotten by the armies during the fall of Zaros in the God Wars. The Ancient Magicks is significantly combat-oriented, including some of the most powerful combat spells in the game. The spellbook contains 24 spells: 16 combat spells and 8 teleport spells (far fewer spells than the Standard Spellbook). Many of the Ancient Magick spells are very rune-intensive and require expensive runes, such as death and blood runes. A minimum magic level of 50 is needed to even access the spellbook. These spells are popular in player-versus-player activities.
Main article: Magic equipment
Runes are required for any spell and can be bought from various rune shops, crafted with the runecrafting skill, and collected from monster drops. There are 13 different types of runes: Water, Earth, Air, Fire, Mind, Body, Chaos, Death, Cosmic, Nature, Law, Blood, and Soul.
Combination runes are equal to 2 of the basic runes: water, earth, air, and fire. These runes can be much more expensive than regular ones, but are helpful when inventory space is minimal. There are 6 types of combination runes: Dust, Lava, Mist, Mud, Smoke, and Steam.
It is possible to gain magic levels without gaining hitpoints xp, as magic has both combat and non-combat spells.
- Spells can be used to attack from far away, allowing for more than one spell to be cast before the monster reaches the combat circle.
- Demons have a very weak magic defence, and so magic is the best combat method to use against them.
- Hiding behind an object that is waist high, or on the other side of metal bars or a river, one can use combat spells to defeat enemies with a very low chance of being attacked. This is useful to use when facing difficult enemies, when gathering loot with a low food supply, and to raise a player's magic experience. This is commonly referred to as "safing."